Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Snow day!


One of the things I love best about living here in Washington is that it doesn't snow in our area very often- but when it does, it's gorgeous. Better still, it doesn't last very long... so when it does snow, it's an occasion.

I'm taking the day off; for the first time in years I don't have to worry about deadlines at the paper or anything like that. That's actually kind of nice. Plus, the roads don't get cleared well, if at all, and most people here don't drive well in the snow...it's just a good day to stay at home until things melt. It's supposed to turn over to rain this afternoon, so as soon as there was enough light, I went outside to take some photos and check on the animals.

There will be a new post up on Grit shortly; it's all ready to go but they're still having trouble with their system. Keep an eye out for that; it'll kick off a series of posts where I go over what worked and what didn't in the garden this year.

Whatever holidays you celebrate this time of year, I hope they're wonderful. Now, it's time to get back outside before the rain comes. Happy snow day to me... :)

No comments: