Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Around the Web

Here's what I've been checking out online this week:

  • Garden Zones get adjusted ever so slightly from time to time, so I thought I'd double check mine (7b). This handy link to the National Gardening Association's zone finder will take you to a page where you can just enter your zip code, instead of trying to sort it out on a map. Handy!
  • Grow Your Own Food Summit- a free, online event being held in July. Check out this intro video to get a feel for the event, and then sign up through the link on the right to reserve your spot today. 
  • Make some fruit leather. Also, pay attention to the part where they say to not use waxed paper. Seriously... I missed that bit, and tried a couple of trays of blueberry on paper. It's stuck like glue!
  • This is an interesting story about Burt's Bees co-founder. I'm looking forward to watching the documentary.
  • Another great post from the Head Farm Steward. I have a tendency to jump into things with both feet, so I really appreciate the perspective/warning. 
  • I've sent off an email to these folks about becoming a volunteer at their goat rescue. Cross your fingers!
  • Keeping a watchful eye on the drought in California
  • You had me at Nutella. Adding raspberries, though? Brilliant.
Don't forget to check in on Facebook before Monday to help me pick a Craftsy class to take and review. I always appreciate your input!

What's grabbed your attention this week?

No comments: