Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Today's Thursday, Right?

Jeepers... I'm having a terrible time keeping the days straight this week. No idea why; it's not like I've been out of commission or anything- maybe it's because I have something scheduled for each day this week. I keep having little freak-out moments, like I've forgotten an appointment or something.

Besides that, yesterday was a BLAST at the fair. I got some great photos and we had a great time walking around and looking at the exhibits and animals. The only downside? We didn't check the schedule close enough, and all of the fiber animals (sheep, goats, alpacas, etc) weren't showing until today. Yep... so aside from the petting zoo, and a little bit in the artist's shop, there were no fleeces or fibers to be found. I did meet some really nice ladies though, in the fiber arts corner- there were a few spinners and weavers set up, so I chatted with them for a while. I think fiber people are some of the friendliest folks on the planet! (Oh, and in case you were wondering- yes, I bought a little bump of roving from the shop, as a consolation prize.)


  • Speaking of consolation- Fiber Fusion is only one month away. Yahoo!
  • Another update already? I just installed 7! Two iOS 8 update tips and tricks, courtesy of my dear friend Joe. 
  • This recipe for pork chops with a chanterelle sauce sounds divine. I've never heard of skyr before, so I really appreciate 1) learning something new and 2) when acceptable substitutions for hard to find ingredients are provided in a recipe. 
  • Ooh. Ginger Apple Cream Scones? Yes, please!
  • My oven is about to get a workout... another version of a roasted tomato tart!
  • Speaking of tomatoes: How to ripen the green ones. If you, like me, have a bunch of them on the vine as the weather starts to change, this could be invaluable. 
  • Or, you could try pickling them. (And by pickling, I mean fermented, of course.)
  • Looking for some sheepy goodness on Twitter? Check out @herdyshepherd1 for some fantastic pics. 
What have you been checking out online this week?


No comments: