Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Photo Tour

Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you all had a great week. The weather has been a bit wonky here for the past few days, so I don't have a ton of photos to share, but I do have some. I took advantage of a quick break in the clouds yesterday to visit the Evergreen Arboretum and snap some photos while I was on my way to see my sister. The park is one of Everett's hidden gems; I highly recommend visiting if you're in the area. 


Here's a lovely pink poppy, from their garden. I have red ones like this, 
but mine are probably still a few days away from opening. 


This interesting yellow flower is called a Phlomis. It's actually a favorite of mine, even though I 
don't have any at home. I used to grow it at our old place; it makes a nice addition to a cut bouquet.


Another late spring/early summer favorite- the peony. I have several planted around our property, but none of them have flowered yet. Ever. I'm hopeful that maybe this will be the year. 


Back home, I was really pleased to see that some more of my seeds have sprouted. 
This is broccoli raab; it's going to replace the purple broccoli starts that the rabbit (and Abby) ate.


While we're talking brassicas- here's a pretty purple/red brussels sprout that I set in earlier this 
week. It's supposed to be really warm here this weekend, so the rain wasn't all bad: 
at least the new plants have been thoroughly watered in!


The tomatoes are loving their new plastic hut. It's not much to look at from the outside (let's just say there's duct tape and binder clips involved) but the plants have finally flowered. It's all good. 


I'm really excited about this one- I had to zoom my camera lens all the way to get it. Their nest is outside our 2nd story bedroom window, in the eaves. I think I'll set up my tripod later, to see if I can get a shot without the noise. Regardless, I'm thrilled that I was able to capture this moment.


And this is where I'll be for the better part of the afternoon! There was a light fog this morning, mixed with the bright early sunlight... so hard for me to capture in a photo. That's one of my goals for this summer- to get better with my camera. I'm looking forward to the challenge. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend planned! I'll be going to the Mother Earth News Fair on Sunday (for real, this time!) so follow me on Twitter and/or Instagram for updates. I'll also post to the community page on Facebook, if you're not into the other platforms.

No comments: