Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thursday Roundup

Today, I'm kicking off what will be a regular feature on Thursdays here on the blog: a collection of links to articles and videos around the web that I want to share with you. We'll have current events, projects, tips, recipes and all sorts of other useful and/or interesting info.

Enjoy!

Strawberry Rhubarb Takeover
  • Watch this video via DPS about one photographer’s take on wildlife and landscape photography. The photos are amazing, and his story about a grizzly encounter at 3:09 gave me goosebumps.
  • This week, the White House released the National Climate Assessment report, and it’s already getting quite a bit of news coverage. Check out the official website here to read up on it. 
  • Soil Health -from Treehugger- you don’t have to wait until the end of the growing season to do this (well, except for the root checking part). Get to know your soil!
  • No-Knead Bread. This is my go-to recipe...I love to make it the evening before I want to bake, so that it can sit overnight and the flavor really has a chance to develop.
  • Rhubarb… mine is almost shoulder-high right now, and I’m 5’6”. I think it and the strawberries are conspiring to take over my garden. I plan to do battle, using this recipe from Marisa over at Food in Jars. If you haven’t spent time on her site yet, Go Now. You won’t be disappointed.

What's caught your eye online this week?


No comments: