Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday Links

Hey everyone! Here's a collection of things that caught my eye this week:

  • This new-to-me website for canning supplies! Pantry Paratus has a bunch of interesting and useful kitchen supplies. I like it so much, in fact, that I've signed up to be an affiliate. Check out their ad in the sidebar to the right- if you click through and buy something, I'll get a small commission from them. (It's just like that little Amazon box down below... if you buy anything from Amazon through that widget -whether it's something I've listed or not- then I get a little money as well. It all adds up, so keep an eye out for some new advertisers, coming soon!)
  • I enjoyed reading this article in Mother Earth News about urban homesteading. It reminded me of when we lived in the city, and how it's possible to live simply and be sustainable, even if you don't have a lot of property to work with. 
  • The drought in California is scary stuff, considering how much of our country's food is grown there. Just one more reason to plant your own!
  • Another new-to-me blog that I'm loving is Edible Perspective. The author, Ashley McLaughlin, has a great writing style and I am really impressed with her photography. Check out her Photography 101 collection for some great tips on how to take better photos.
  • Speaking of photography, here are some more fantastic photos. I love visiting National Parks!!
  • I want to make these bread and butter pickles. I have a couple of months to wait, though, I think. Patience, grasshopper. 
  • I'm really excited to go here this weekend. If you happen to be in the area, you should go too! If you're not, follow me on Twitter (@acornandthistle) and Instagram (acornandthistle) for updates as I wander around. 
  • This article about rabbit recipes in my local newspaper has me thinking about dinner already. Hmm, which one to choose?!?! 
What have you been reading about this week? 

No comments: